HELP CREATE A LOVE FOR OTHERS AND A HEART FOR MISSIONS IN THE LIVES OF YOUR YOUNG GRANDCHILDREN.
Join the FiveDollarMission.com family and receive updates, previews, and helpful information as you read real missionary stories with your grandchild(ren.)
Use the stories to stimulate conversation and help your grandchild(ren) develop a love for others as you talk about the depths of God’s amazing love and grace.
PRAY & GIVE
Help create a heart for missions in the life your grandchild(ren), as together, you pray and give to help national missionaries proclaim the Good News.
Below, you will find links to videos about Street kids, websites of organizations that help, a Mission Adventures activity for children to download, and more.
- Compassion International's Street Children Awarenes Day
- Mission Adventures lesson 5: Don’t just sit there, do something!
- Watch a Video of one of our National Missionaries whose ministry is taking care of Street Children
- Barefoot Children - Documentary about street children
- Sesame Street Lesson: Empathy
Most of us grew up in loving homes with soft beds and hot meals. It is a blessing easily taken for granted. UNICEF estimates there are some 100 million children growing up on urban streets around the world.
This is a true story of a LOGOI missionary’s encounter with a street boy living on the streets of Chile. The story sets the stage for loving conversations with your little ones who most likely will never go hungry or be without shoes. It brings an opportunity to pray, learn more, and give to help LOGOI national missionaries—just like the one in this story.
WHAT Can we do to HelP?
Below, you will find links to videos teaching sign language through music, dictionaries and Pinterest pages to learn the movements, a Mission Adventures activity for children to download, and more.
- Sign language activities for children
- Mission Adventures lesson 9: The Secret of Life a wonderful activity to download in PDF format
- Teaching little brother sign language: video
- Finger spelling
- “We Believe Jesus is Son of God” Signing song
- Five activities for children to learn sign language
- Recommended book: Signs for Me
- Jesus loves me sign language
Order Laura's Dancing Hands NOW!
The second story in our series of children's books is a true story about a deaf girl named Laura. It is being illustrated by "Khato," a great friend of our ministry and a renowned illustrator from Argentina. The story takes place in agnostic Cuba where teaching about Christianity is not allowed. But Laura meets some national missionaries who know how to share the Gospel using sign-language. It’s a beautiful story written for grandparents to read and talk about with their grandchildren. The story should stimulate great and meaningful teaching moments and conversations. It just might make your hands "dance" too!